Raw, but c*nsored blabbing and blogging of a young journalista
and local news producer in Southern New England.
email topstorylive % at # gmail + dot = com
Today on TopStoryLive:
Saturday, August 07, 2004
I'll show you some hard news right now!
Whoa-hoa-hoa-nelly! As referenced in ShopTalk, Atlanta's Creative Loafing's Alyssa Abkowitz reports here with a salty tongue (i.e. "showing [a prostitute] some hard news") on a photog who reportedly made the bad choice of using a news car to break the law.
Trust me on this one. It's incidents like this that make me worried I'm even going to get pulled over for having a tail light out. In my own car.
The reason? I once worked for a station where a photog was summarily shown the door for drunken driving while in a news car on a weekend night.
The other reason? Every story we do on men charged with a child pornography charge... and every story we don't do following up on them saying they were cleared of charges, if that is the case. What if the guy was not interested in little kids, but other men? And/or if the supposed "child pornography" was later found to contain people who were of age but looked younger? Or if the law enforcers were just a tad overzealous? I'm just what-iffing here but it's worrisome.