Gay men's sperm is DIRTY
Courtesy Fark and KVOA-TV: FDA set to implement new rules rejecting gay men as anonymous sperm donors: "A new rule is in the works that would bar gay men from serving serving as anonymous sperm donors.
It would apply to any man who has engaged in homosexual sex in the previous five years.
The Food and Drug Administration is rejecting calls to scrap the provision, saying that such men collectively pose a higher-than-average risk of carrying the AIDS virus.
Critics claim the F-D-A is stigmatizing all homosexual men, when it should instead be adopting a screening process that focuses on high-risk sexual behavior by any would-be donor."
See, I could accept not being able to give blood; but I guess I'm just going to have to LIE the next time I go to the sperm bank and they say, "By golly, you're just the man we're looking for!....Erm, you've never been a fudgepacker, right?"
(And by the way, whoever wrote that story: "Rejecting calls to scrap the provision" is hard to understand on a web page, let alone over the air from a news anchor. How about "refusing demands to throw out"?)
Labels: Originally published
... Scribbled by Bill T ... 5/07/2005 02:14:00 PM ...
Email this entry ...
...
..........