|
|

Raw, but c*nsored blabbing and blogging of a young journalista
and local news producer in Southern New England.
email topstorylive % at # gmail + dot = com
Today on TopStoryLive:
Saturday, January 08, 2005
Keen Keane (somebody had to say it), and day
Yay, Keane. Yet another chunk of music I got tantalized with on an airplane. Darn you, United Radio Network. Dennis Michael (of Hollywood Minute fame)'s voice told me this band was unusual to not include a lead guitar; and I love that.
Got my parents' last Christmas presents off in the mail today. Watch for two large Priority Mail boxes on the front porch, Mom and Dad. Also bought for myself a lovely packable pillow for travel that I'm hoping will be better than relying on United's little pillows at EMS (that, now that I think about it, is still in the car). Bought nothing at Borders. The printers at both of the "Title Sleuth" kiosks weren't working; one was out of paper, the other's printer refused to spit the paper out when I printed out a title. And I wasn't in the mood to use one of the ones that used full pages. Now, of course, I don't remember what I'm supposed to remember. Maybe I wrote it down in the car.
After that I had to return three CDs to Warwick Public Library, including the most important one, Wicked: Original Cast Recording, and then I was determined to go to Fresh City Warwick because I needed some more Fresh City. It's odd; they have so many things that I like now. Had I gone there 10-15 years ago, and/or before I started eating salads, would I have been sunk?
Before I ate though (because I had gorged myself earlier by finishing the latest bag of Cape Cod Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Potato Chips) I decided to see if there was anything fun at DSW. Jeez, shopping days are full of would-be sponsored links. Please comment if you find this mundane. 8^) I bought a pair of shoes for $9 that were ripoffs of Converse's famed Chuck Taylor lowtops. Snooty me won't buy Converse now that they're owned by Nike. And I haven't even seen Michael Moore's "The Big One" yet.
I love the choices at Fresh City. Today I had the Kung Pao udon noodles with chicken, determined to have something new. Very good, but I should have stopped sooner; what I've brought home is not half the meal leftover but about 1/3 of the meal. Oh, well, it'll still be good. Mmmmmm.
I always feel like I'm a crucial customer -- helping to make Fresh City Warwick a profitable excursion into Rhode Island for the company -- because I think it's the first one in RI. And it seems like they're really determined to succeed. Well, obviously they've got my vote, but I wish they were in Providence too. There aren't that many. The only one I know of in Boston is in a really odd place, near Fenway Park, and you'd think if it was in the Back Bay or closer to the Common (hint, hint) it would be just as successful or more so. Then again, I've never been to the one at Fenway; the first one I went to was the Warwick one. Go figure. Maybe it was the giant carrot in the tower.
TJ Maxx'n'More offered nothing to strike my miles card's fancy. Trying sweaters on in the fitting room I said to myself I have got to go back to the gym. None of them looked right.
Then snagged the Keane CD, on sale, along with Franz Ferdinand's self-titled CD and "The Best Footie Anthems Ever!", used (that's as in British football, i.e. soccer). I may take Franz Ferdinand back and put it on my Amazon Wish List, though.
I'd say I have sufficiently spent the $100 in Christmas gift money a couple times over already. I'll be worse than my co-worker in a few days, who is now broke after gifting all his family and friends. Still, the rent is paid, my belly is full and the house is heated, so I'm all set.Labels: Originally published
... Scribbled by Bill T ... 1/08/2005 08:35:00 PM ... Email this entry ...
...
..........
Log Archive
January 2003 /
February 2003 /
May 2003 /
February 2004 /
March 2004 /
April 2004 /
May 2004 /
June 2004 /
July 2004 /
August 2004 /
September 2004 /
October 2004 /
November 2004 /
December 2004 /
January 2005 /
February 2005 /
March 2005 /
April 2005 /
May 2005 /
June 2005 /
July 2005 /
August 2005 /
September 2005 /
October 2005 /
November 2005 /
December 2005 /
January 2006 /
February 2006 /
March 2006 /
April 2006 /
May 2006 /
|
|